Hall Facilities and Services

Hall Office

Hall office staffs receive perishable packages and serve as a general information center for the hall. Various kinds of equipment can be found in hall offices, ranging from vacuum cleaners to board games.

The office is supervised by the Assistant Hall Director and is staffed by Office Assistants, RAs, and DAs.

Hall office hours are posted in each hall, but should gener­ally be as follows:

Monday – Friday 9 AM – 3 AM
Saturday – 10 AM – 3AM
Sunday – 1 PM – 3 AM

Hall offices and the Fraternity and Sorority Life of­fice serves as a general information center for the residents. All packages should be sent to their personal TCU mailbox addressed as follows:

Student’s name
2901 Stadium Drive
TCU Box (student’s personal box number)
Fort Worth, TX 76129

Chapter mailbox addresses cannot accept personal mail or packages for members.

Fraternity and Sorority Hall Directors may be reached through the Fraternity and Sorority Life Office, 817-257-7281.


Students’ rooms will be ready for them upon ar­rival, but they are expected to report any missing items or damages so that these issues can be addressed as quickly as possible by hall staff. Any change in assignment requires authorization from your Hall Director. Students moving to a new room must make arrangements with the Hall Director to check out of the old room and check in to the new room. Unauthorized room changes may result in disciplinary ac­tion. Any changes in the room condition or furnishings that are beyond normal wear and tear could result in a charge to the student account.

Completion of any portion of the check-in proce­dure (i.e., acceptance of a room key, placement of personal belongings in a room, etc.) shall constitute occupancy and result in housing charges for the full semester. Any student withdrawing or dismissed from the University may appeal to Housing & Residence Life in regard to license cancella­tion charges or housing charges.


Any student who moves from his or her room is expected to follow check-out procedures that include:

  1. cleaning and returning the room to the original condition
  2. meeting with hall staff to check the room for cleanliness, furniture, and for damages
  3. turning in room key
  4. turning in TCU ID card to hall staff, if leaving TCU

Please reference the Campus Housing License for any penalties or costs associated with vacating prior to the completion of the yearlong license. Be aware that any damage beyond the normal wear and tear of the room will be charged to you.

University housing facilities close at the end of Spring semester on the Saturday of graduation. RAs and CRAs will hold a meeting to explain check-out procedures and pos­sible fines. However, students are expected to check-out within 24 hours of their last exam (unless they are a gradu­ating senior) to help preserve an atmosphere conducive to study for those students who continue to have exams. If this is not possible, contact HD for approval.

Holiday Housing

Non-fraternity/sorority university housing facili­ties remain open during all holiday periods and the break between fall and spring semesters. Fraternity and Soror­ity facilities remain open during holiday periods, but close during the break between fall and spring semesters. Market Square Dining is NOT open during all breaks; students need to plan accordingly for meals. When a facility closes, you are required to leave within 24 hours of your last final or by the Saturday of graduation. If you are returning to the same room in the spring semester, you are not required to remove your belongings from your room over the break. However, the University is not responsible for lost, dam­aged, or stolen articles.

Residents planning to change rooms for the spring semester must complete the move before leaving for the semester break.

The Campus Housing License applies to the entire academic year. December graduates or spring participants in TCU-recognized study away programs will be released from the academic year license, so long as written notice is provided to Housing & Residence Life.


University housekeeping service is provided for all common areas in the residence halls, such as corridors, lounges, lobby areas, laundry rooms, and community bathrooms. You are responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of cleanliness in your rooms as well as cleaning up after yourself in public areas. All rooms must be cleaned prior to check out or you will be charged.

Keys/ID Cards

In keeping with other exciting new responsibilities of college life at TCU, you will have to learn to handle your keys and your ID card with utmost care! If you lose a key, report it immediately to the hall staff. This is for your safety and the safety of your fellow residents. There is a replace­ment charge to change locks according to the hall you re­side. It is important that you not mark your room key with identifying information or share them with anyone. Watch your room key and ID carefully! Keep them with you at all times.

In all University housing, the outside doors unlock electronically by using the resident’s official ID card. Card owners are responsible for reporting lost or stolen cards PROMPTLY to assure that no one else uses your card. Card owners can deactivate a lost or stolen card online. Simply log onto http://my.tcu.edu, click on “Helpful Links” and then click on “Frog Bucks” and agree and hit submit. You will then see an option to “Report a Card Lost or Stolen”. A found card can be reactivated at the same site. Cards can also be reported lost or stolen by calling the ID Center during business hours at 817-257-7856 or the TCU police department 24/7 at 817-257-7777. Until the card is reported lost or stolen the card owner is responsible for any pur­chases made with the card. There is a replacement charge of $20 for a lost or stolen card. This will prevent anyone from using the lost ID card to access your building or use your dining funds.

Residents are allowed one courtesy lock-out entry by staff. Additional lock-outs may result in a lock-out fee.

Lounges and Bake Stations

Each facility offers at least one lounge for resi­dents’ use. Many of the lounges have pianos and/or televi­sions. Our lounges are designed for residents to gather and develop meaningful relationships with fellow residents and hall staff. Feel free to talk, study, and relax in our lounge space. When you use one of the lounges, please respect oth­ers who may be using it at the same time. We do not allow reservations for University housing community spaces. You are more than welcome to host residents and guests in your University housing room for study groups, game nights, book clubs, etc. Be sure your roommates and suitemates are comfortable with guests in the rooms, and always abide by the guest and visitation policies. The front lounge of each University housing facility has 24-hour visitation privileg­es.

Bake stations are available in many of the univer­sity housing facilities. It is the responsibility of the resident using either the microwave or conventional oven to remain while food is cooking. Cleaning is the responsibility of the person who uses it. If residents do not clean up after themselves, bake station privileges may be suspended by the HD. Keep in mind that this is a privilege and may be restricted if proper use is not followed. Please be consider­ate.


If you find a need for maintenance in your room, please do not attempt to make the repairs yourself. Contact your OA, AHD, RA, CRA, or HD concerning all main­tenance problems, even those that may seem minor. The Office Assistant or other staff will complete a Service Order Request Form, and the problem should be handled within a short period of time.

The University reserves the right to enter a stu­dent’s room at any time for maintenance purposes. Physi­cal Plant employees are required to wear an identification badge plainly displayed on their uniforms. When work has been performed in individual University housing rooms and the residents are not present, a tag with information about the work performed will be placed on the inside doorknob. The University is not responsible for any damage to your belongings as a result of maintenance problems. If illegal or prohibited items are found during maintenance purposes, hall staff will be contacted and items will be confiscated and may result in disciplinary action.

Public Furniture

Common areas of each University housing facility (lobbies, lounges, kitchens, etc.) are furnished appropri­ately. It is the responsibility of every resident to take care of hall furnishings. Removing furniture from public places subjects a resident to disciplinary action. Students are encouraged to report acts of vandalism or theft in regard to the common areas. Damages to the common areas or to the furniture may be charged to the entire community if staff is not able to determine the responsible party.


Personal storage outside your student room is not available in University housing facility. Remember any University furniture in your room at check-in must be in your room at check-out. University furniture cannot be removed from your room.

The University does not provide storage for stu­dents’ possessions over the summer. If items have been left behind in rooms after the school year ends, they are consid­ered abandoned and are disposed of at the discretion of the University. Be sure to take a final look around before you check out, especially in drawers and in closets.

Vending Machines

Candy, soft drinks, and juices may be purchased from vending machines in most University housing facili­ties. In the instance that a machine is not working properly, contact your RA/CRA or hall office and report the problem. They will advise you of refund procedures. Please help pre­vent others from being inconvenienced by placing an “Out of Order” sign on the machine.

Washers and Dryers

Washers and dryers are conveniently located within each hall and service is provided at no additional cost at time of use. Please use high efficiency detergent and read all posted signs for operation. In the instance that a ma­chine is not working properly, scan the QR code or contact your RA/CRA or hall office to report the problem. Please help prevent others from being inconvenienced by placing an “Out of Order” sign on the machine.

Personalizing Your Room

The most comfortable place on campus is likely to be your room. The way in which you and your roommate mutually decorate your room should reflect your personali­ties and comfortable living needs. The following informa­tion will be helpful in knowing what furnishings you may need, how you might decorate your room, and certain aspects of college living that may not have crossed your mind.

When you arrive on campus you will find that your room is furnished with basic furniture: MicroFridge (ex­cept in the Apartment Community), beds, dressers, desks, and chairs. Feel free to add personal furniture as space allows that might enhance your room, but remember you may not make any “structural” modifications to your room. University furniture cannot be removed from your room. If it is missing at the time you check out, you will assume full responsibility for it. Refer to Housing & Residence Life website for approved items to bring to campus.


Bed frames and mattresses are furnished for each resident. Waterbeds are not permitted in University housing because of their weight and damage potential.

Campus Computer Network

Each University housing room provides connection to TCU’s computer network, which gives residents access to the Internet, electronic mail, and the library system. Questions may be directed to the TCU Help Desk at 817- 257-5855. Setup instructions for computers are available at http://it.tcu.edu. All students must comply with Technol­ogy Resources guidelines pertaining to anti-virus software and hardware such as routers.

Carpeting Your Room

Residents are permitted to place carpet in student rooms where carpet does not currently exist. Large, fire­proof carpet pieces may be cut to fit the room and may be affixed to the floor with double-sided adhesive tape ONLY at the entrance to the room. The student who places the carpet in the room is responsible for proper removal at their checkout.

Exception: if desired, the student checking in to a room for spring semester may assume responsibility for removal of the carpet at the end of the spring semester. This must be noted on the check-in form of the incoming student as well as on the check-out form for the departing student who will be released from responsibility of carpet removal.

Any student wishing to place a rug (larger than 10 square feet i.e., 2’ X 5’) over existing carpet in a student room must make that request in writing to Housing & Residence Life. Any student placing carpet over existing carpet in a student room without permission will be asked to remove his/her carpet within 24 hours.

Covering Your Windows

All student room windows are covered by mini blinds. Curtains may be added if desired. A spring-type rod is required and no permanent rods may be installed.

Decorating Your Room

Talk to your hall staff when checking in to find out what wall hanger devices work in your particular build­ing. Housing & Residence Life recommends using very small nails (3/4” brads) if they are driven straight into the wall and not at a slant. Other recommended wall hanger devices are 20 lb. picture hooks and “Wall Grab” anchors. Scotch tape, masking tape, cement, cork squares, decals, or bumper stickers may cause wall damage depending on your building. Televisions may not be mounted to walls. Con­tact paper, corkboard, upholstery fabric, or wallpaper may not be used on walls, shelves, or furniture. No structural or electrical alterations (including the installation of ceiling fans) may be made. Remember that any damage to your room as a result of violating these policies will result in a charge and disciplinary action. Refer to Housing & Resi­dence Life website for approved items to bring to campus.

Holiday Lights cannot be attached to doors, furniture, ceil­ing or walls. For the holiday season, only LED rope format lights maybe used. Decisions regarding the safety of lights during campus holiday programs is at the discretion of the Hall Director. If you have any questions, please consult with your Hall Director.

Live holiday trees are not permitted in student rooms. If you have questions, please consult with your hall director.


Partitions, room dividers, other structures and lofts of any type are not permitted. The exception is in these halls (Waits and sorority and fraternity facilities) that have loftable beds, and lofting equipment is available through the hall office. Lofted beds must be dismantled before check-out time and equipment returned to designated areas.

Residence Hall Telephones

Campus telephones are located at the hall desk. The outside telephone is for security and local calls. Since the entire community shares these telephones, they should be used for brief conversations only. Students should be aware that tampering with telephones is considered an act of van­dalism, which can result in disciplinary action.

Cable Television

TCU Technical Services, www.tcutechnicalser­vices.com, is ready to assist with your CATV needs. CATV drops are provided in each University housing room. The CATV system is comprised of 100+ digital channels. A coaxial cable will be required to connect your TV to our CATV system. For additional information and a complete listing of channels, please visit www.tcutechnicalservices. com .

Note: To add a TiVo DVR, you must go to the TiVo website. TCU is your CATV provider; select the correct zip code (76129) to align with compatible TiVo programming. TCU Technical Services does not support or troubleshoot TiVo or DVR devices.

Vandalism/Damage Charges

Charges for vandalism, damages to facilities or furnishings, or failure to follow established procedures in regard to University property are noted on the Inventory Form completed at the time of check in and check out of a room.